Graduates of the program will
- Be knowledgeable of the historical context, the state-of-the-art, and emerging issues in the field of civil engineering and its role in contemporary society
- Demonstrate critical reasoning and requisite quantitative skills to identify, formulate, and resolve civil engineering problems, and to create designs that reflect economic, environmental, and social sensitivities
- Display a systems viewpoint, critical thinking, effective communication and interpersonal skills, a spirit of curiosity, and conduct reflecting a professional and ethical manner
- Exhibit a commitment to lifelong learning and professional development, involvement in professional activity and public service, and achievement of professional licensure
- Reflect a broad intellectual training for success in multidisciplinary professional practice, in civil engineering or diverse related careers, and toward achieving leadership roles in industry, government, and academia.